Monday, June 4, 2012

Finally summer!

well... it's official. I finished up my junior year of college and so I guess that means this is my last 'real summer' before going into the real world.  I have to say- it's odd to think about that.  I want to embrace the last summer concept, and do it up big.

So far this summer, I have been elected to be the business dept.  assistant for the next school year. This simply means that the business chair came and asked me if I was interested in being the personal assistant to the business professors. I have to maintain a student blog, attend all the extracurricular guest speaker and misc. events. I have already started the Biz Dept. Facebook & Twitter page.

I have decided that projects really motivate me. Therefore, this summer will be devoted to starting, enjoying and finishing some fun projects- whether it be getting a heads start on the assistant position or projects just for fun.

Another really great opportunity I have gotten is a summer internship at the Italian Parliament.  My professor from school told me she had a contact, and though the position will be difficult to get it's worth a shot. So... this past week I went for my interview and they hired me on the spot. What an enriching opportunity. I will be working in the office of an Italian deputy Mr. Amato Berardi (who is a member of Berlusconi's party- this shall be interesting.) I officially start the internship tomorrow, so stay tuned. At the moment, I am unclear as to what exactly I'll be doing- should be a fun.

Furthermore, Mom, Carol & Matt are coming to Rome in about 2 weeks and I just can't wait.  I am in the midst of planning out everything I want to show them. Even though we're going to have to do the whole tourist thing.. I'm going to share with them the most Roman of Roman places! Then the first weekend of July the whole family will be up in Genova for my uncle's wedding. What an exciting start to the summer, huh?!




Baci from Roma, JGL

No comments:

Post a Comment